October 21, 2002 9:00am
“Sandy Koufax: A Lefty’s Legacy,” isn’t a typical biography of the great Dodger pitcher. In addition to charting his meteoric rise in baseball, author Jane Leavy also examines the way that America reacted to a Jewish sports star.
June 4, 2002 9:00am
The book “Hitler’s Jewish Soldiers,” about the strange-but-true story of wartime German soldiers with Jewish roots, is making waves in both the media and academia.
March 12, 2002 10:00am
Beginning next week, National Public Radio will broadcast "The Yiddish Radio Project," which tells the story of Yiddish radio´s heyday.
February 19, 2002 10:00am
"Hoppel Poppel," a new comic book for adults, is filled with sometimes funny, sometimes bawdy tales about Jewish life.
January 28, 2002 10:00am
Jimmy Wisch, a journalist and businessman who ran the Texas Jewish Post for 56 years, died in his sleep at the age of 85.
January 15, 2002 10:00am
Even before it opens, an upcoming exhibit on the Holocaust at the local Jewish museum is causing controversy in the Jewish community.
January 8, 2002 10:00am
Testimony from an Austrian farmer´s widow has helped convince a U.S. court to uphold a decision revoking the citizenship of a former Nazi concentration camp guard.
December 4, 2001 10:00am
Gerhart Riegner, who first alerted the world to the Nazi plan to exterminate the Jews, died of pneumonia Monday in Switzerland at the age of 90.
October 31, 2001 10:00am
For a trip that was not supposed to involve foreign policy, the Rev. Al Sharpton’s visit to Israel has turned out to be pretty political and controversial. On his three-day visit to Israel this week, Sharpton visited the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial a
October 30, 2001 10:00am
NEW YORK (JTA) For a trip that was not supposed to involve foreign policy, the Rev. Al Sharpton’s visit to Israel has turned out to be pretty political and controversial. On his three-day visit to Israel this week, Sharpton visited the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial and an Ethiopian immigrant absorption center, and met…
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros announces
- Why Jews from Libya are worried about the fate of the country’s Jewish artifacts
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence