November 25, 2003 10:00am
The "Geneva accord" peace plan — negotiated by out-of-office politicians and downplayed by Israeli officials — nevertheless has mobilized many supporters who are preparing to gather in Switzerland for a formal signing ceremony.
November 24, 2003 10:00am
Some French Jews are outraged by a traveling circus on a site from which French Jews were sent to their deaths in World War II – while some survivors accuse the protestors of political posturing.
November 18, 2003 10:00am
A recent arson attack on a Jewish school near Paris convinced France´s government that it was time to take tough measures against anti-Semitism.
November 5, 2003 10:00am
According to a recent poll, Europeans consider Israel more of a threat to world peace than any other country.
October 28, 2003 10:00am
Israeli officials are incensed by reports that European states are offering financial backing to a peace plan negotiated by Israeli opposition figures and that runs counter to government policy.
October 9, 2003 9:00am
French Jewish leaders are breathing sighs of relief after police intervention allowed a pro-Israel demonstration outside Palestinian Authority offices in Paris to proceed without violent incident.
September 30, 2003 9:00am
French far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen´s campaign for the leadership of a key region in southern France has worried leaders of local Jewish communities, who fear a victory would give credence to Le Pen´s anti-Semitic politics.
September 8, 2003 9:00am
European Jewish groups and the Bush administration are welcoming the decision by the European Union to ban Hamas´ political wing, but Israel supporters are uncertain whether the decision will result in any substantial action.
August 17, 2003 9:00am
With France battered by a record heat wave this month, the Jewish death rate has almost tripled in Paris, and Jewish organizations have struggled to cope as unburied corpses have had to wait up to four days for Jewish burial.
July 27, 2003 9:00am
In 2005, the French city of Troyes will celebrate the 900th anniversary of the death of its most famous son, known to the Jewish world by his acronym of Rashi. Rashi is esteemed for his monumental commentary on the Talmud and the Torah.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer