September 18, 2006 9:00am
Rosh Hashanah is the new year of the Jewish people not only because we renew our hearts at this season, but because, as fruit turns into seed, we renew the cycle of life, writes Rabbi Jill Hammer.
- University of Maryland professor says she was fired for being pro-Israel
- As Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico, synagogues cancel Rosh Hashanah services
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Israel to send search-and-rescue team to Mexico in wake of severe earthquake
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina