June 22, 2004 9:00am
The Jewish Agency for Israel is launching its largest-ever educational project to infuse young Jews with the spirit of Zionism, subsidizing programs that bring Jewish youth to Israel for educational programs of five months or more.
June 15, 2004 9:00am
Jewish groups are hailing the first United Nations conference on anti-Semitism as an important step, but hope it will result in a concerete plan of action.
May 18, 2004 9:00am
Henry Everett, a champion of liberal social justice issues and major Jewish philanthropist, died at the age of 78.
May 4, 2004 9:00am
Personal accounts from students shared during a gathering of World ORT raised the school network´s profile — and its fund-raising potential — in the United States.
April 1, 2004 10:00am
New UJC leader Howard Rieger will take a salt-of-the-earth approach to the helm of the Jewish organization.
March 30, 2004 10:00am
Roughly 25 years after the first wave of Jews from the former Soviet Union arrived in the United States, the Russian Jewish community has matured to the point where its members want to be treated as partners with other American Jews, not as charity cases.
March 30, 2004 10:00am
American Jewish college students are showing a high level of student activism and interest in world politics. Though Israel is a key issue, they also voice concerns over gay rights, reproductive rights and job security.
March 23, 2004 10:00am
Most U.S. Jewish groups backed Israel´s killing of Hamas leader Sheik Ahmed Yassin, in contrast to international condemnation of the assassination and debate over its efficacy.
March 8, 2004 10:00am
An old tradition is reviving at the United Nations: challenging Israel´s credentials. A Palestinian representative plans to introduce a General Assembly resolution that would limit Israel´s U.N. credentials to its pre-1967 borders and give Pal
March 1, 2004 10:00am
A new report says that sexism pervades the North American Jewish federation system, where an “old-boys’ network” allegedly has kept women from reaching the top echelons of Jewish organizations.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair