June 22, 2004 9:00am
The Jewish Agency for Israel is launching its largest-ever educational project to infuse young Jews with the spirit of Zionism, subsidizing programs that bring Jewish youth to Israel for educational programs of five months or more.
June 15, 2004 9:00am
Jewish groups are hailing the first United Nations conference on anti-Semitism as an important step, but hope it will result in a concerete plan of action.
May 18, 2004 9:00am
Henry Everett, a champion of liberal social justice issues and major Jewish philanthropist, died at the age of 78.
May 4, 2004 9:00am
Personal accounts from students shared during a gathering of World ORT raised the school network´s profile and its fund-raising potential in the United States.
April 1, 2004 10:00am
New UJC leader Howard Rieger will take a salt-of-the-earth approach to the helm of the Jewish organization.
March 30, 2004 10:00am
Roughly 25 years after the first wave of Jews from the former Soviet Union arrived in the United States, the Russian Jewish community has matured to the point where its members want to be treated as partners with other American Jews, not as charity cases.
March 30, 2004 10:00am
American Jewish college students are showing a high level of student activism and interest in world politics. Though Israel is a key issue, they also voice concerns over gay rights, reproductive rights and job security.
March 23, 2004 10:00am
Most U.S. Jewish groups backed Israel´s killing of Hamas leader Sheik Ahmed Yassin, in contrast to international condemnation of the assassination and debate over its efficacy.
March 8, 2004 10:00am
An old tradition is reviving at the United Nations: challenging Israel´s credentials. A Palestinian representative plans to introduce a General Assembly resolution that would limit Israel´s U.N. credentials to its pre-1967 borders and give Pal
March 1, 2004 10:00am
A new report says that sexism pervades the North American Jewish federation system, where an “old-boys’ network” allegedly has kept women from reaching the top echelons of Jewish organizations.
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- Jenna Jameson fires back at David Duke claim that Jews dominate porn
- ‘Alt-right’ leader Richard Spencer: ‘Heil Trump’ at supremacist event was fun, exuberance
- Brooklyn mother who lost 7 children in house fire plans to build family center on site
- Foundation of Jared Kushner’s parents donated tens of thousands of dollars to West Bank groups
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
- Torah scroll stolen from republic of Georgia synagogue found destroyed
OpinionA white Jewish reporter, a black newspaper and a century of common causes
- Quoting Castro, Ecuador’s UN envoy compares Zionism with Nazism in General Assembly