June 22, 2004 9:00am
The Jewish Agency for Israel is launching its largest-ever educational project to infuse young Jews with the spirit of Zionism, subsidizing programs that bring Jewish youth to Israel for educational programs of five months or more.
June 15, 2004 9:00am
Jewish groups are hailing the first United Nations conference on anti-Semitism as an important step, but hope it will result in a concerete plan of action.
May 18, 2004 9:00am
Henry Everett, a champion of liberal social justice issues and major Jewish philanthropist, died at the age of 78.
May 4, 2004 9:00am
Personal accounts from students shared during a gathering of World ORT raised the school network´s profile and its fund-raising potential in the United States.
April 1, 2004 10:00am
New UJC leader Howard Rieger will take a salt-of-the-earth approach to the helm of the Jewish organization.
March 30, 2004 10:00am
Roughly 25 years after the first wave of Jews from the former Soviet Union arrived in the United States, the Russian Jewish community has matured to the point where its members want to be treated as partners with other American Jews, not as charity cases.
March 30, 2004 10:00am
American Jewish college students are showing a high level of student activism and interest in world politics. Though Israel is a key issue, they also voice concerns over gay rights, reproductive rights and job security.
March 23, 2004 10:00am
Most U.S. Jewish groups backed Israel´s killing of Hamas leader Sheik Ahmed Yassin, in contrast to international condemnation of the assassination and debate over its efficacy.
March 8, 2004 10:00am
An old tradition is reviving at the United Nations: challenging Israel´s credentials. A Palestinian representative plans to introduce a General Assembly resolution that would limit Israel´s U.N. credentials to its pre-1967 borders and give Pal
March 1, 2004 10:00am
A new report says that sexism pervades the North American Jewish federation system, where an “old-boys’ network” allegedly has kept women from reaching the top echelons of Jewish organizations.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition