February 23, 2004 10:00am
Pro-Israel activists gathered outside the U.N. to speak out against the hearings on Israel´s security fence being held at the International Court of Justice at The Hague.
February 17, 2004 10:00am
Several federation leaders are working on a deal on one of the most contentious issues surrounding the United Jewish Communities filling overseas funding needs. Now they have to sell the proposal to the rest of the federation system.
February 3, 2004 10:00am
Jewish groups fear an outpouring of anti-Zionist vitriol at the upcoming International Court of Justice hearing on Israel’s West Bank security fence — and they’re preparing strategies to fight back.
January 28, 2004 10:00am
A Virginia federation that has withheld UJC member dues in its desire to see changes at the umbrella organization may be ousted if it doesn’t pay up.
January 27, 2004 10:00am
When it comes to terrorist threats, it’s time for Jewish institutions to wake up, security experts and national Jewish groups say. A new network called SCAN has developed a system to alert Jewish institutions in case of danger.
January 22, 2004 10:00am
A coalition of 34 Jewish groups is trying to instill pride in Israel among Jewish high school students and arm them with Israel advocacy tools before they reach college campuses.
January 20, 2004 10:00am
A controversial decision on fund distribution to the North American Jewish federation system’s overseas partners — an issue that appeared to have been settled — has been reopened after a major federation had second thoughts.
January 13, 2004 10:00am
Jewish students who underwent an intense Israel advocacy training over winter break are returning to college primed to defend Israel on campus with passion and energy.
January 6, 2004 10:00am
Despite the ongoing intifada and the conflict in Iraq, American students are returning to Israel study programs. In some cases, the unrest has even piqued students´ interest in the region.
December 30, 2003 10:00am
Iran’s fundamentalist regime, which is struggling to recover from a Dec. 26 earthquake that killed at least 20,000 people, rejected humanitarian aid from the “Zionist entity” but American Jews and Israelis are still finding ways to help the victims.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer