Rebecca Soffer is a New York-based writer and producer who has worked at "The Colbert Report" and Reboot. She tweets from @rebeccasoffer.
May 2, 2013 9:00am
Happy Second Day of Jewish American Heritage Month. Today’s activity: Make cholent! Our people are into stews. So is it really surprising that the great American Crock-Pot originally was coined the Naxon Beanery All-Purpose Cooker after its Jewish inventor, Irving Naxon? Naxon, who died in 1989 with more than 200 patents in his name, conceived…
May 1, 2013 2:38pm
May is Jewish American Heritage Month, a commemoration first recognized by President George W. Bush in 2006. Since then, hundreds of programs have taken place nationwide annually to honor the rich contributions of Jews to American culture and society. President Obama added to the annual festivities by launching an annual White House bash. But this…
Opinion11 former White House Jewish liaisons: Trump doesn’t understand anti-Semitism
First PersonI talked to the ‘anti-Semitic’ Swiss hotel owner. It’s more complicated than you think.
- New York’s Orthodox Jews are expanding into these towns, and some residents aren’t happy
- Following terrorist attack, Barcelona’s chief rabbi says his community is doomed
- HuffPost Bannon headline ‘Goy, bye!’ creates backlash
- Charlottesville says it provided protection to synagogue, refuting initial account
- Barcelona BDS chapter says Europe is ‘responsible’ for terror attack
- Teens who twisted menorah into a swastika sentenced to meet with Holocaust survivor
- Michigan man sentenced to probation for threatening to kill children and Jews
- Russian Jews slam Moscow’s exclusion from Holocaust memorial project in Poland
- Jewish senator calls on Jewish Trump Cabinet members to resign