September 29, 2003 9:00am
A British survey of Jewish life finds that comparable levels of British and American Jews consider themselves secular.
August 6, 2003 9:00am
A British newspaper columnist who admits that he ignores pro-Israel letters to the editor if the writer has a Jewish name will not be punished, the country’s media watchdog has decided.
July 15, 2003 9:00am
Israeli officials are pleased with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon´s three-day visit to London, which followed months of tension between Britain and the Jewish state. Despite a decidedly warm visit, disagreements over the fate of Palestinian prisoners a
July 8, 2003 9:00am
An Oxford professor could be fired after rejecting the job application of an Israeli student. The professor´s e-mail, in which he refused to hire the student because he had served in the Israeli army, has angered many across the globe.
May 6, 2003 9:00am
An animal welfare body in Britain is planning to make recommendations that would outlaw kosher slaughter in England, Scotland and Wales. Jewish authorities have ruled unanimously that such a move is unacceptable, and at least 10 members of Parliament have
April 3, 2003 10:00am
After British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said the West has been guilty of “double standards” by pressing Iraq harder than Israel to obey the United Nations, Israel immediately protested the comparison, calling Straw’s comments “w
March 16, 2003 10:00am
You can’t please all of the people all of the time. That seems to be the lesson for Britain’s Orthodox chief rabbi after he revised a controversial book. The publication of the first edition by Rabbi Jonathan Sacks sparked a storm of criticism
February 27, 2003 10:00am
The Israeli Embassy in London has accused a British newspaper of perpetuating the blood libel against Jews after it ran a cartoon that depicted Prime Minister Ariel Sharon eating a baby.
February 27, 2003 10:00am
British Jews have welcomed the hate crimes conviction of Sheik Abdullah Faisal, a radical Muslim cleric who urged his followers to kill Jews, Hindus and Westerners.
February 24, 2003 10:00am
There may be far more Jews in Great Britain than just-released census data indicates. One expert with a London think tank said “Everything points to an undercount by the census;” his group calculates that there may be as many as 310,000 Jews i
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Rock legend Phil Lesh gathers musician friends for a Grateful Dead Passover
- As Jews flee Belgium, a seder marks a family exodus
- Actress Lea Michele discovers her Greek-Jewish roots
- Sides swap character attacks in trial over Bay Area’s Koret Foundation
- Ex-mayor of London suspended from Labour for saying Hitler was Zionist
- Palestinians riot as Jewish worshippers visit Joseph’s Tomb
- Critical profile of Melania Trump unleashes flood of anti-Semitic abuse on reporter
- Bernie Sanders to lay off ‘hundreds’ of staffers
- Donald Trump: Obama is no friend of Israel
- After weeks of brickbats, Bernie Sanders offers Hillary Clinton a bouquet
- Establishment candidates win Dem Senate nods in Md., Pa.
- Trump sweeps 5 states, Clinton wins 4