June 5, 2012 3:35pm
South African police are investigating allegations of corruption and aiding Iran against the country’s largest mobile supplier, MTN.
May 24, 2012 3:01pm
The South African Jewish Board of Deputies was “very disappointed” with its meeting with Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies on the labeling of products from the West Bank, a board spokeswoman said.
May 21, 2012 7:16pm
Israel’s Foreign Ministry summoned the South African ambassador to Israel over the publication of a notice announcing a ban on labeling as Israeli products that originate from the West Bank.
May 20, 2012 10:23am
Denmark’s foreign minister said he plans to allow supermarkets to place a special label on goods originating from West Bank settlements.
May 7, 2007 9:00am
How did Nicolas Sarkozy win more support than any right-wing candidate in France since Charles de Gaulle? By cutting right-wing extremist Jean-Marie Le Pen down to size and staunchly fighting anti-Semitism.
May 6, 2007 9:00am
Optimistic and celebratory, Jewish groups were quick to offer congratulations to Nicolas Sarkozy after his victory in French presidential elections.
May 6, 2007 9:00am
Nicolas Sarkozy, “by far the most pro-Israeli French presidential figure Israel could have hoped for” according to one political analyst, won the runoff election for the presidency.
May 1, 2007 9:00am
Israel’s Independence Day celebration offered a golden opportunity for advisers to French presidential candidates to emphasize their sympathy toward Israel, and no one was going to miss out.
April 30, 2007 9:34am
The Adelson Family Foundation gave $4.5 million to the Shalem Center in Jerusalem to create the Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies.
April 30, 2007 9:00am
The White House spoke in support of Ehud Olmert after a commission of inquiry censured the Israeli prime minister’s handling of last year’s Lebanon war.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair