June 5, 2012 3:35pm
South African police are investigating allegations of corruption and aiding Iran against the country’s largest mobile supplier, MTN.
May 24, 2012 3:01pm
The South African Jewish Board of Deputies was “very disappointed” with its meeting with Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies on the labeling of products from the West Bank, a board spokeswoman said.
May 21, 2012 7:16pm
Israel’s Foreign Ministry summoned the South African ambassador to Israel over the publication of a notice announcing a ban on labeling as Israeli products that originate from the West Bank.
May 20, 2012 10:23am
Denmark’s foreign minister said he plans to allow supermarkets to place a special label on goods originating from West Bank settlements.
May 7, 2007 9:00am
How did Nicolas Sarkozy win more support than any right-wing candidate in France since Charles de Gaulle? By cutting right-wing extremist Jean-Marie Le Pen down to size and staunchly fighting anti-Semitism.
May 6, 2007 9:00am
Nicolas Sarkozy, “by far the most pro-Israeli French presidential figure Israel could have hoped for” according to one political analyst, won the runoff election for the presidency.
May 6, 2007 9:00am
Optimistic and celebratory, Jewish groups were quick to offer congratulations to Nicolas Sarkozy after his victory in French presidential elections.
May 1, 2007 9:00am
Israel’s Independence Day celebration offered a golden opportunity for advisers to French presidential candidates to emphasize their sympathy toward Israel, and no one was going to miss out.
April 30, 2007 9:34am
The Adelson Family Foundation gave $4.5 million to the Shalem Center in Jerusalem to create the Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies.
April 30, 2007 9:00am
Al-Qaida assailed Hamas for not waging all-out war against Israel.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Why Ari Shavit’s fall from grace stings for so many American Jews
- A Brooklyn judge becomes America’s first Hasidic woman to serve in public office
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Spain’s Jewish ‘ghost towns’ seek a boost from living Jews
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- Latest Clinton email twist involves Anthony Weiner
- One Jew, One Vote: Jeff Bookman, 65
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100 percent’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’