August 31, 2011 8:04pm
A rabbi who marched alongside the Rev. Martin Luther King and founded the Jewish Council on Urban Affairs says the new memorial in Washington dedicated in King’s memory, facing as it does the Lincoln Memorial, will serve as a reminder that America’s moral force remains alive and potent.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments