October 28, 2009 7:32pm
Israel’s ambassador turned down an invitation to speak this week at the inaugural J Street conference shortly after his spokesman was quoted as saying that some of the group’s positions would “impair” Israel’s interest. The Obama administration, however, delivered a supportive message.
January 20, 2009 4:53pm
It was a week dedicated primarily to marking the election of the first African-American president in U.S. history, but the ongoing ceremonies were punctuated by several Jewish moments, wrinkles and parties. Barack Obama’s supporters said it was a historic week for all Americans, especially Jewish ones, to take pride in.
September 2, 2008 9:00am
Barack Obama’s big night began with a prayer from a rabbi and ended with one concluding “in Jesus’ name.” Well, sort of.
August 26, 2008 9:00am
Ron Kampeas and Eric Fingerhut round up some of what’s going on this week at and around the Democratic National Convention in Denver.
August 23, 2008 9:00am
Before he announced his VP pick, Barack Obama said he wanted someone to spar with but who would be loyal enough to create a comfortable working relationship. No one knew then that he had picked Joe Biden, but that description fit Biden’s own relationship
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments