October 17, 2006 9:00am
In a turbulent midterm election campaign that could culminate with a major political realignment in the U.S. Congress, Republicans and Democrats are engaged in intense outreach to Jewish voters.
August 8, 2005 9:00am
Inside information is treated like gold in Washington. That could change depending on the outcome of expected trials for the alleged unauthorized use of classified information of two former senior staffers at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee a
July 6, 2005 9:00am
The Pentagon analyst at the center of the government’s case against two former employees of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee “walked onstage” into an ongoing investigation, his attorney says.
May 16, 2005 9:00am
As it prepares for its annual policy conference, AIPAC is trying to keep the focus on its ambitious policy agenda, not the FBI probe that has enveloped two former staffers.
May 4, 2005 9:00am
Criminal charges against a Pentagon analyst for allegedly leaking classified information to two top AIPAC officials raise new questions about whom the probe is targeting and whether the pro-Israel powerhouse will be harmed as the case unfolds.
February 2, 2005 10:00am
The departure of the Jewish federation system’s top Washington lobbyist creates a gap as the American Jewish community heads into a year in which the Bush administration is expected to push hard for budget cutbacks.
December 7, 2004 10:00am
New developments in a federal investigation involving Washington’s top pro-Israel lobby have done little to shake Jewish confidence in the group but some organizations worry about the long road ahead.
July 29, 2004 9:00am
JTA reporters chronicle their encounters at the Democratic convention, from Jewish jokers to Florida voters.
- Could Gal Gadot become the biggest Israeli superstar ever?
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump reportedly failed to disclose multimillion-dollar art collection
- Scuffle erupts at rally against CUNY’s hosting of BDS promoter Linda Sarsour
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- This brave Jewish soldier saved an American battalion during WWI
- Kushner reportedly encouraged to step aside as FBI investigates Russia contacts
- Jewish, Muslim Manchester mourners have been friends for 10 years
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- Palestinian hunger strikers end fast after compromise on family visits
- Estonian Jewry celebrates revival 75 years after Nazis declared it extinct
- Among Lithuania’s Jews, a fight for communal control takes a nasty ethnic turn