October 1, 2015 12:29pm
Diaspora Jews tend to overlook the holiday’s agricultural core, writes the manager of Farm Forward’s Jewish outreach campaign.
April 29, 2013 6:30pm
For many Jews, religious practice is just one more thing to do, like going to the gym or the movies. Educator Sarah Chandler writes that the ancient practice of shmitta offers some guidance on how to change that.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Italian synagogue damaged in severe storm