October 1, 2015 12:29pm
Diaspora Jews tend to overlook the holiday’s agricultural core, writes the manager of Farm Forward’s Jewish outreach campaign.
April 29, 2013 6:30pm
For many Jews, religious practice is just one more thing to do, like going to the gym or the movies. Educator Sarah Chandler writes that the ancient practice of shmitta offers some guidance on how to change that.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- What Syria’s refugees think about Israel might surprise you
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- Ben Carson blames gun control for the Holocaust
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus