April 29, 2013 6:30pm
For many Jews, religious practice is just one more thing to do, like going to the gym or the movies. Educator Sarah Chandler writes that the ancient practice of shmitta offers some guidance on how to change that.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments