February 9, 2012 12:20pm
You get a sheitl – and YOU get a sheitl!
Oprah Winfrey’s encounter with the Chasidic communities of Brooklyn is scheduled to air on the Oprah Winfrey Network on Sunday, Feb. 12.
On Wednesday evening, Chabad posted an exclusive 11-minute interview with the queen of talk show, where she sings the praises of the Chasidic lifestyle to interviewer Motti Seligson.
February 1, 2012 12:31pm
**** Jewish parent woes: he’s not just ‘not a doctor’ — stoner-icon son **** Happy birthday, Pauly Shore (44).
January 26, 2012 6:04pm
**** whereas grandma would mentally undress you, please just dress my salad **** Happy birthday, Paul Newman (RIP). You’re salad dressing continues to do a lot of good in this world.
January 20, 2012 1:57am
**** new rule, atheists half-jews can’t hide from G-d with twice the opinions **** Happy birthday, Bill Maher. We knew you had some of us in ya!
January 12, 2012 11:24am
**** Cuss with the same mouth with which you kiss your mother? ‘Talented,’ indeed. **** Happy belated birthday, Howard Stern (58 this Jan. 12). Please don’t ask people to make out on “America’s Got Talent.” Family show etiquette.
January 5, 2012 8:00pm
**** Screech – nebbish, nurtured youth prodigy ‘so exciting’ now leaves us ‘so … scared.’ **** Happy Birthday, Dustin Diamond (35 on Jan. 7). Alas, you’ve strayed so far from nerd-dom of your ‘Saved By the Bell’ days.
December 29, 2011 2:07pm
**** Woe, naked shvitzgoers! Would that I’d laid gaze on thee, O Miss JCC! **** Happy Birthday, Alison Brie. The Jewish Community Center in Southern California should be proud to have supporting actress from Community and Mad Men among their ranks. And a two-time ‘Maxim 100′ honoree for good measure!
December 15, 2011 12:01pm
**** Chrismukkah present: All I want is a normal fictional family **** Happy Birthday, Adam Brody/Seth Cohen. Sorry you got a weird draw with that O.C. universe.
December 12, 2011 5:04pm
**** Chilled with nerds, princes Now flips latkes in the air Crushed potatoes, hearts **** Happy Birthday, Mayim Bialik (36). How did you go from Will Smith to The Macca… uch un vey, it’s hurts so much I can’t even say their name.
December 9, 2011 9:00am
**** With a “Lust for Life,” “Champion” “Out of the Past” Finds “Lust For Glory” **** Happy Birthday, Kirk Douglas (95). You’ve persevered through seemingly insurmountable challenges — especially blogging on Myspace into the year 2011.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair