September 13, 2011 6:41pm
**** What sort of business does “Topanga” have with that nice Jewish child star? **** Happy Birthday Ben Savage, Cory Matthews of Boy Meets World.
September 7, 2011 5:18pm
**** yellow matriarch beneath a plume of blue hair with a jewish voice **** Happy Birthday Julie Kavner, voice of Marge Simpson.
September 3, 2011 9:55pm
**** Winning- state of mind Losing- state of employment godesses-lessness **** Happy Birthday, Charlie Sheen. Hard to believe you once had the granddaughter of a concentration camp survivor as part of your harem.
August 30, 2011 4:51pm
**** G*D**MN IMBECILES QUIT COUNTING AWAY THE DAYS TILL I F***ING DIE!!! **** Happy birthday to Lewis Black, the greatest living Jewish alarmist.
August 29, 2011 4:15pm
**** Lea Michele; a nose on any other face would be just as big **** Happy birthday to Glee actress Lea Michele — and her Jewish nose. Here’s hoping for a schnoz-themed mashup in Season 3.
August 23, 2011 11:49am
Today is the launch of the new Shalom Sesame Rosh Hashanah installment. It’s called “The Sticky Shofar.” “The Sticky Shofar.” Not to be a Moishe Oofnik, but am I the only one who thinks that the title and the cover… Oy, never mind. Looks like I have another thing to atone for this Yom Kippur….
August 10, 2011 12:48pm
**** Maternal descent granddaughter of survivors half-jew and a half **** In Hollywood, you don’t get much more Jewish than a documentary named after Debra Winger (featuring Melanie Griffith and Whoopi Goldberg, et al). Happy Birthday Rosanna Arquette! Lookin’ good at 52.
August 9, 2011 12:29pm
*** The only two jobs that pay even if you’re wrong; weather and fashion *** Happy Birthday designer Michael Kors. I still don’t know fashion from borscht. But my pink polo shirt from when I was five is apparently cool again. (Or was that last season?)
August 8, 2011 10:05am
Dustin, my old friend You’re trying to seduce me at seventy-four Add your haiku in the comments below for the man, the legend, the birthday boy Dustin Hoffman.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary