December 7, 2010 3:22am
Jewish tradition teaches that we are supposed to respond to tragedy by asking ourselves why things happen, but not to judge, to blame or to explain it in a way that confirms our own prejudices and worldviews — as is happening with the great fire in Israel — a New York rabbi writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah