December 7, 2010 3:22am
Jewish tradition teaches that we are supposed to respond to tragedy by asking ourselves why things happen, but not to judge, to blame or to explain it in a way that confirms our own prejudices and worldviews — as is happening with the great fire in Israel — a New York rabbi writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament