September 7, 2010 12:59pm
By opposing a Knesset bill that would ease the conversion process for some 300,000 non-Jewish Israelis, the U.S. Conservative and Reform movements and the Jewish Federations of North America are flouting democratic principles, practicing hypocrisy and endangering Israel, writes Israel’s Sephardic chief rabbi.
- University of Maryland professor says she was fired for being pro-Israel
- As Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico, synagogues cancel Rosh Hashanah services
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Israel to send search-and-rescue team to Mexico in wake of severe earthquake
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina