April 3, 2012 5:18pm
A new survey of American Jews shows commitment to social equality but also concern over government programs encouraging dependency — and liberals and conservatives would both benefit from considering its findings, writes the president of the Nathan Cummings Foundation.
January 13, 2011 2:17am
Americans must speak out plainly against extremism and provocation, unafraid to hold our media and our politicians accountable, while presenting real solutions to the very real problems facing millions, writes the president and CEO of Jewish Funds for Justice.
August 27, 2007 9:00am
Two years later and long after the water has receded in New Orleans, the man-made disasters remain, says the president of the Jewish Funds for Justice.
August 24, 2007 9:45am
Senator Barack Obama (D-Ill.) told a group of Jewish communal lay leaders that he is receiving advice on Middle East issues from Dennis Ross.
April 3, 2006 9:00am
Nachshon is a biblical profile in courage. Without his faith and determination, the exodus story might have ended before it even had begun. This year, we lost two women who were modern Nachshons.
August 31, 2005 9:00am
On Labor Day, unions continue to hold out the best hope of empowering the working poor, according to the head of the Jewish Fund for Justice.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament