February 23, 2010 7:01pm
More than 500 Reform rabbis are expected to attend the 121st annual convention of the Central Conference of American Rabbis in San Francisco.
January 14, 2010 9:02pm
A collaboration bringing together the Koret Foundation, a U.S. government agency and Israel’s Bank Leumi will make available $160 million in loans to help bolster struggling small businesses in the Negev.
July 26, 2009 8:31pm
After weeks of community discord, the controversial “Rachel” documentary about the American pro-Palestinian activist killed in Gaza is screened to an audience often inhospitable to divergent viewpoints — with the booed opinions nearly always supportive of Israel.
June 20, 2008 9:00am
A U.S. appeals court ruled in favor of two former AIPAC staffers who sought to narrow the government’s appeal of rulings in a classified information case.
June 20, 2008 9:00am
As dozens of gay couples celebrated legal weddings at San Francisco City Hall, Jews representing numerous organizations set up a chupah, volunteers passed out plates of marble cake frosted with the phrase “Mazel Tov” and invited couples to partake in ritu
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary