June 3, 2015 3:29pm
Laws aimed at fighting BDS do not violate the First Amendment, Chicago’s Jewish federation chief writes.
December 11, 2013 1:17pm
The president of the Chicago federation writes that subsidized Jewish preschool will spike enrollment — pointing to his city as proof — leading to more Jewish engagement down the line.
December 9, 2012 5:48pm
While marking two watersheds in Jewish history — Chanukah and the March on Washington to Free Soviet Jewry — the president of the Chicago Jewish federation writes that the battle to defend Jewish freedom continues because of the hate that launches rockets from Gaza and conjures nuclear weapons in Tehran.
January 27, 2010 9:19pm
The president of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago feels grief for the people of Haiti, but also is grateful to the United States and Israel for their humanitarian efforts.
March 15, 2009 10:39pm
For the not-for-profit community, applying fundamental principles of due diligence is the key to producing results and thus earning the trust of contributors, writes the president of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- What Patriots owner Robert Kraft has done for the Jews
- 4 elderly Jewish ladies busted for weekly mahjong game
- Obama calls Ezra Schwartz’s family to offer condolences
- What Obama did and didn’t say about Ezra Schwartz
- Patriots to have moment of silence for Ezra Schwartz before Monday night game
- Sister of Faigy Mayer, former Hasid who took own life, hangs herself