June 3, 2015 3:29pm
Laws aimed at fighting BDS do not violate the First Amendment, Chicago’s Jewish federation chief writes.
December 11, 2013 1:17pm
The president of the Chicago federation writes that subsidized Jewish preschool will spike enrollment — pointing to his city as proof — leading to more Jewish engagement down the line.
December 9, 2012 5:48pm
While marking two watersheds in Jewish history — Chanukah and the March on Washington to Free Soviet Jewry — the president of the Chicago Jewish federation writes that the battle to defend Jewish freedom continues because of the hate that launches rockets from Gaza and conjures nuclear weapons in Tehran.
January 27, 2010 9:19pm
The president of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago feels grief for the people of Haiti, but also is grateful to the United States and Israel for their humanitarian efforts.
March 15, 2009 10:39pm
For the not-for-profit community, applying fundamental principles of due diligence is the key to producing results and thus earning the trust of contributors, writes the president of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire primary, makes Jewish history
- Ted Cruz campaign defends pastor who said God will send hunters for Jews
- Jewish day schools in 2 US cities receive threatening phone calls
- Op-Ed: I’m not your mitzvah project
- Why Bernie Sanders isn’t beating Joe Lieberman on Jewish pride
- Mayim Bialik puts Jewish modesty aside, flashes Piers Morgan