June 21, 2011 4:01pm
Israel will allow the construction of 1,200 new homes and 18 schools in the southern Gaza Strip.
June 20, 2011 6:56pm
The Moishe House model — rent-subsidized communal houses where young Jews do Jewish things — is being embraced by foundations and federations interested in engaging the next generation of Jews in communal life.
June 20, 2011 3:42pm
Twice as many Jews are living in Portland, Ore., than was previously believed, according to a new demographic study.
June 16, 2011 5:16pm
A Chabad center in Florida is offering $1,000 for the safe return of a dollar bill signed by the movement’s late rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson.
June 16, 2011 4:42pm
Young Judaea will spin off from its parent body, Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America, to become an independent youth organization.
June 14, 2011 8:39pm
The umbrella body for Conservative congregations will undergo a major restructuring that includes a significant staff reorganization and dues reductions.
June 13, 2011 11:33pm
A growing number of Jews who have changed their gender are trying to come up with ways they can be welcomed into Jewish communal life, from the synagogue to the mikvah.
June 12, 2011 8:36pm
Nut allergies. Lactose intolerance. Vegans. As if serving kosher and healthy meals weren’t difficult enough, today’s camps and day schools must figure out how to feed a population with an ever-increasing array of dietary needs and restrictions.
June 10, 2011 5:28pm
Officials for the Nevada prison system say it is not discontinuing its kosher meal program, contrary to the allegations of a recent lawsuit.
June 7, 2011 3:45pm
Three Jewish educators have received 2011 Covenant Awards for excellence in Jewish education and innovation.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair