May 17, 2011 3:43pm
Ohev Sholom-The National Synagogue in Washington, D.C., has become the first U.S. synagogue to earn Energy Star certification from the Environmental Protection Agency.
May 16, 2011 8:17pm
A Christian divinity school in Los Angeles expands into a multi-faith university offering Jewish, Muslim and Christian clerical training
May 16, 2011 6:15pm
The U.S. Justice Department may weigh in on the ownership of Chasidic texts held in Russia in a case that some experts fear could jeopardize Russia-U.S. cultural ties.
May 11, 2011 6:49pm
A new study looks at self-declared Jewish atheists who want Jewish connection, with the aim of developing services to meet their needs. But is that really necessary?
May 11, 2011 3:32pm
The 2nd Ave Deli in New York is under threat for purloining sandwich names.
May 10, 2011 2:57pm
A week of pro-Palestinian and pro-Israel events began calmly at the University of California, San Diego, despite fears of a repeat of last year’s hostilities.
May 9, 2011 5:00pm
A dozen San Francisco Bay Area Jews visited an ongoing protest at a Native American burial site.
May 9, 2011 3:35pm
A Chasidic paper in Brooklyn removed Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton from the White House photo of U.S. officials watching the deadly raid on Osama bin Laden’s hideout.
May 8, 2011 1:18pm
Rabbi Melissa Weintraub has been awarded $100,000 for her work training Jewish leaders to be effective agents in Israeli-Palestinian relations.
May 6, 2011 6:37pm
A Spanish official has given what is being heralded as the country’s first formal apology for the Inquisition’s killing of Jews.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- French right-wing candidate: Clinton’s ‘submission to Zionists’ a danger for Europe
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Jewish leaders lambaste Italian government for abstaining on UNESCO vote
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary