December 12, 2011 5:21pm
Latkes and sufganiyot are well-known Chanukah fare made with oil to signify the holiday tale. Lesser known is the tradition of cheese and the story of Judith.
October 11, 2011 2:57pm
Cold or hot, soup is ideal for the sukkah. What better way to warm up on a chilly night or cool off on a warm afternoon?
September 28, 2011 5:53pm
Breaking the fast has its own set of traditions. Here are some from around the Jewish world.
September 19, 2011 2:08pm
Among the familiar customs of Rosh Hashanah is the dipping of apple pieces in honey — but what is its origin?
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- James Franco has bar mitzvah at 37
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Palestinian teen in Jerusalem stabs Jewish man, he shoots her
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah