December 12, 2011 5:21pm
Latkes and sufganiyot are well-known Chanukah fare made with oil to signify the holiday tale. Lesser known is the tradition of cheese and the story of Judith.
October 11, 2011 2:57pm
Cold or hot, soup is ideal for the sukkah. What better way to warm up on a chilly night or cool off on a warm afternoon?
September 28, 2011 5:53pm
Breaking the fast has its own set of traditions. Here are some from around the Jewish world.
September 19, 2011 2:08pm
Among the familiar customs of Rosh Hashanah is the dipping of apple pieces in honey — but what is its origin?
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments