is JTA's editorial assistant. She was a Fulbright scholar in Ukraine. Her poetry and nonfiction writing have been published in Tuesday Magazine, the Gamut, The Birch, Tablet, The Starry Night Review and elsewhere. Follow her on Twitter at @chick_in_kiev.
February 25, 2014 12:25pm
With their country undergoing political upheaval, the Jewish community in Ukraine upgrades its security and looks with uncertainty toward the future.
February 19, 2014 5:17pm
After spending last year living in Kiev, the author describes feelings of painful powerlessness in the current crisis.
February 19, 2014 10:52am
An Orthodox Jewish candidate for European Parliament is drawing ire for refusing to shake hands with women.
February 19, 2014 10:47am
The growing trend of Hebrew-immersion day camps offer children a chance to learn Hebrew while engaging in summer fun.
February 10, 2014 8:36pm
In honor of the Anti-Defamation League chief’s impending retirement, here are 50 shades of Abraham Foxman’s disapproval.
February 10, 2014 1:23pm
When Julia Lipnitskaia, a 15-year-old Russian skater, used music from “Schindler’s List” to skate towards the Olympic gold, reactions were mixed.
February 6, 2014 5:49pm
Journalists of the world have found a lot lacking in Sochi. An American Russophile ponders her own travel nightmares–and why she’d go back in a heartbeat.
February 3, 2014 5:43pm
In light of Dylan Farrow’s renewed accusation that Woody Allen molested her as a child, his iconic public persona has been called into question.
January 9, 2014 5:01pm
While New York newspapers scrutinized the business practices of a slain Hasidic developer, the haredi Orthodox press celebrated his virtues.
January 8, 2014 3:10pm
Aish HaTorah’s website has some dating advice for women — don’t argue, don’t tout your accomplishments, don’t pursue men, don’t share too much personal information, dress nicely and wear makeup.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Orthodox trader, immigrant Harvard grad, killed by Manhattan crane collapse
- Mystery solved: Sanders volunteered at kibbutz Shaar Haamakim
- Israeli Jewish boy, 11, stabbed and wounded allegedly by Arab teen
- Anti-Semitism a ‘recurrent problem’ in Dutch schools, gov’t report says
- Brazil Hillel feigns closure in bizarre marketing stunt
- On 'SNL' with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the idealistic Jew
- Prayer books, Torah scrolls destroyed in suspected Palestinian arson attack
- On ‘SNL’ with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the Jewish idealist
- Thriving indie Jewish communities join forces to create rabbinic fellowship
- 50 years on, Bernie Sanders still champions values of his Israeli kibbutz
- Coen brothers on #OscarsSoWhite: We write what we know – Jews and Minnesotans