December 16, 2016 2:14pm
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and Inauguration Day….
November 23, 2009 7:29pm
With the guest list cut in half for this year’s White House Chanukah party, even some of the president’s supporters may see it in the context of a longer train of politically tone-deaf decisions, says a former Jewish liaison to President George W. Bush.
- Romania’s Parliament passes law providing more money for Holocaust survivors
- White House uses ‘Jerusalem, Israel’ in live feed of Trump visit
- Ivanka Trump’s rabbi says permission to travel on Shabbat didn’t come from him
- Netanyahu angrily orders ministers to attend Trump arrival ceremony
- Books stolen from Polish Jewish communities during WWII donated to foundation