April 26, 2010 4:16pm
Hungary’s openly anti-Semitic nationalist Jobbik Party secured 47 seats in the 386-seat legislature in the second round of parliamentary elections.
April 19, 2010 4:15pm
Tens of thousands of Hungarians, mostly Jews, marched against anti-Semitism in a torchlight procession on the banks of the Danube River.
April 12, 2010 11:10am
A far right party, Jobbik, won 26 seats in Hungarian parliamentary elections Sunday, to the dismany of Hungarian and European Jewish leaders.
April 11, 2010 12:14pm
On the eve of parliamentary elections in Hungary, the largest Hungarian Jewish umbrella organization called upon Jews to vote against anti-Semitic candidates.
April 7, 2010 11:35am
More than 1,000 Jews marched through Budapest’s Old Ghetto district on Tuesday in response to a series of anti-Semitic incidents in the lead-up to Hungary’s elections.
March 17, 2010 6:04pm
Four well-known Jews received Hungarian state awards.
March 10, 2010 7:13pm
Tamas Raj, a charismatic retired chief rabbi and one of Hungary’s top intellectuals, has died.
March 10, 2010 6:59pm
Hungarian President Laszlo Solyom signed into law legislative reforms making Holocaust denial a criminal offense.
February 16, 2010 7:27pm
A Hungarian court ruled that an international neo-Nazi march can take place in Budapest.
February 14, 2010 6:02pm
Pro-democracy and anti-fascist organizations in Hungary held a joint demonstration to protest the rise of neo-Nazi agitation in Eastern Europe.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer