September 9, 2009 4:24pm
At least eight clandestine camps in Hungary are regularly providing advanced weapons training to neo-Nazis, according to media investigations.
September 7, 2009 4:06pm
A coalition of anti-fascist public figures called on the Hungarian government to investigate news reports of secret military training courses for neo-Nazis being run in the country.
September 7, 2009 3:50pm
A ceremony marking the 150th anniversary of Eurasia’s largest synagogue paid homage to Budapest’s Jewish community.
September 6, 2009 5:02pm
A crowd of 500 demonstrators, including neo-Nazis and skinheads, rampaged in Budapest’s Jewish district.
August 23, 2009 6:34pm
An induction ceremony for a Hungarian extremist paramilitary organization was broken up by police.
July 29, 2009 4:04pm
Banned by a court in Hungary, the extreme-right Hungarian Guard has resurfaced in neighboring Romania.
July 15, 2009 4:27pm
Hungarians wearing the black-and-white uniform of the banned neo-Nazi Hungarian Guard will be fined under a new government decree.
July 12, 2009 4:36pm
A banned neo-Nazi paramilitary group relaunched itself under a new name at a mass meeting in Budapest.
July 12, 2009 4:01pm
An anti-Semitic attack on a Jewish citizen in Budapest has led to appeals to police for improved vigilance.
July 5, 2009 4:18pm
A mass demonstration by the banned neo-Nazi Hungarian Guard organization degenerated into a battle with police.
- Some 30 Jewish institutions across US targeted in second wave of bomb threats
- Orthodox rabbi’s anti-Trump prayer causes a stir
- This timeline shows Obama’s biggest Jewish moments
- Barbra Streisand, Drake and other Jewish celebs share their thoughts on Trump’s upcoming inauguration
- French far-right leader Marine Le Pen ahead in presidential poll
AnalysisJared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and the halacha police
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- Jewish groups plan pro-, anti-Trump Shabbat activities in Washington
- Trump: If Jared Kushner can’t broker Middle East peace, nobody can
- Male circumcision helps prevent all HIV variants, researchers find
- Swedish Jews boycott Holocaust memorial co-organized by nationalist party