April 1, 2007 9:00am
One lawyer’s attempt to force the BBC to release a report into the broadcaster’s reporting bias against Israel has reached Britain’s High Court.
February 20, 2007 10:00am
British Jews are arguing over whether members of the community are free to express their views on Israel as some warn of growing rifts in the community.
January 17, 2007 10:00am
Shalom FM, the sole station in Britain that offers all-Jewish programming, is awaiting an answer to its second application for a full-time community broadcasting license after being rejected in its previous bid.
November 29, 2006 10:00am
The British government’s turnaround on recent faith-school legislation was an unequivocal victory for the Jewish community, and may have signaled a new era of cooperation between Jewish and other minority faith groups in Britain.
October 24, 2006 9:00am
Jews and Muslims in Britain often are at odds on issues of civil liberties and terrorism, but they’re united in opposing a bill that would require faith-based private schools to admit 25 percent of students from outside the main faith.
October 22, 2006 9:00am
A new group is bringing together Jewish journalists to meet and greet — and, perhaps, to date.
October 12, 2006 9:00am
Londoners recently got a reminder that the power of ordinary people to halt racist behavior can never be overstated.
September 7, 2006 9:00am
Anti-Semitism is rising in Britain, a new study found, partly as a result of the situation in the Middle East.
August 22, 2006 9:00am
Concerns about safety in the wake of the Israel-Hezbollah war, as well as the recently foiled terror plot in London, are creating a cloud over upcoming celebrations of the 350th anniversary of Jews in Britain.
May 30, 2006 9:00am
British Jewish leaders are not the only ones blasting a decision by a teachers union to recommend a boycott of Israeli academics because of Israeli "apartheid" policies, including the building of a security barrier.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair