August 18, 2010 11:25pm
Since beginning to work with the couple behind the planned Islamic center near Ground Zero, Walter Ruby of the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding says he found them to be unequivocally opposed to violence and terrorism and deeply committed to the American values of democracy and pluralism.
October 22, 2006 9:00am
Israelis born in the former Soviet Union feel discriminated against and unappreciated. That’s the sentiment expressed by many of the leaders of the Russian community in Israel at a recent conference.
January 23, 2005 10:00am
Rabbi Shmuel Kaminetzky might have backed the losing side in the Ukrainian elections, but the Brooklyn-bred Chabad representative may still be the most influential Jew in the country.
October 12, 2004 9:00am
American-born Jews and Russian-speaking Jews in New York remain far apart politically, with a poll showing American Jews favoring Sen. John Kerry in presidential elections and Russian Jews preferring President Bush.
September 23, 2004 9:00am
The choice for Ukrainian Jews in elections slated for next month basically boils down to two men a protege of the authoritarian current president and an opponent of corruption: Jews seem to favor the former.
September 4, 2003 9:00am
In response to an appeal from a New York rabbi, the presidents of eight Balkan republics have agreed to eliminate racist references from textbooks in their respective countries.
- Rabbi reportedly lets Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner fly with president on Shabbat
- Carl Reiner, 95, dishes his secrets to longevity
- Orthodox Union asks women clergy to change their titles
- This Israeli film about Orthodox Jews is a surprise hit overseas
- Israel’s traffic cops have a friend in Sheriff David Clarke
- Trump: Netanyahu may join me at the Western Wall
- Romania’s Parliament passes law providing more money for Holocaust survivors
- 5 ways to celebrate Shavuot — without (necessarily) studying Torah
- Stephen Miller is reportedly writing Trump’s speech on Islam. Here’s why that’s turning some heads.
- Netanyahu angrily orders ministers to attend Trump arrival ceremony
- I may have ‘horsed around’ in Nazi camp in my youth, Bulgarian deputy PM said