March 30, 2005 10:00am
An Israeli volunteer group, Table to Table, sends gleaners to pick extra food for the homeless; its more conventional operations include recycling leftovers from parties and businesses.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments