June 19, 2012 8:24pm
Comments blaming the Holocaust on gun control have landed Ohio congressional candidate Samuel “Joe the Plumber” Wurzelbacher in hot water.
June 19, 2012 8:22pm
The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem was nominated as an endangered site on the World Heritage list by the Palestinian Authority.
June 14, 2012 7:02pm
In a petition sponsored by seven national Jewish organizations, 18,000 individuals urged the U.S. House of Representatives and the Obama administration to focus on food justice in the upcoming Farm Bill.
June 14, 2012 1:17pm
Max Ungar, the Maryland day school catcher drafted by the Washington Nationals, will forego the pros to play at Denison University in Ohio.
June 14, 2012 1:10pm
U.S. Rep. Christopher Smith, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs human rights subcommittee, visited with a jailed American Chasidic man in Bolivia.
June 13, 2012 2:33pm
U.S. Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Mark Kirk have written a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton expressing their disappointment with Israel’s exclusion from the inaugural meeting of the Global Counterterrorism Forum.
June 13, 2012 2:25pm
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach invited his opponent in a New Jersey congressional race to Shabbat dinner.
June 12, 2012 4:07pm
An Israeli scientist was awarded the prestigious World Food Prize, becoming the first Israeli to receive the award.
June 11, 2012 8:57pm
Several current and former New York Jewish elected officials gathered to denounce the congressional candidacy of Charles Barron for his anti-Israel views.
June 11, 2012 6:47pm
Jeffrey Feltman, the former assistant secretary of state for Near Eastern Affairs, was appointed the political chief of the United Nations.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Why Ari Shavit’s fall from grace stings for so many American Jews
- A Brooklyn judge becomes America’s first Hasidic woman to serve in public office
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Spain’s Jewish ‘ghost towns’ seek a boost from living Jews
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- Latest Clinton email twist involves Anthony Weiner
- One Jew, One Vote: Jeff Bookman, 65
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100 percent’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’