May 29, 2012 7:43pm
President Obama awarded the Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, Madeleine Albright and Bob Dylan, among other recipients.
May 24, 2012 1:59pm
Amnesty International blasted Israel for its blockade of the Gaza Strip in its annual report on the state of the world’s human rights.
May 24, 2012 1:53pm
Egyptians are voting in their first presidential election since the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak during an uprising more than a year ago.
May 24, 2012 10:47am
The U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee increased spending for the security of nonprofit institutions and emergency assistance for the poor.
May 23, 2012 10:26am
The U.S. Senate passed a new Iran sanctions bill that would strengthen the existing sanctions regime and close loopholes.
May 22, 2012 7:15pm
A claim by Iranian television that an alleged spy had an Israeli passport appears to be based on a crude forgery.
May 22, 2012 3:59pm
Alan Gross expressed his gratitude to the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Washington for its efforts to secure his release from a Cuban prison.
May 22, 2012 3:07pm
U.S. Rep. Brad Sherman introduced legislation to allow Israel into the U.S. Visa Waiver Program.
May 22, 2012 2:38pm
U.S. Reps. Nita Lowey and Eliot Engel introduced a resolution calling on the International Olympic Committee to honor the Munich 11 with a moment of silence at the London Games this summer.
May 22, 2012 9:42am
Federal authorities are investigating campaign contributions made by employees of an Ohio company to Republican U.S. Senate candidate Josh Mandel.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- This Yiddish film is a rare look into Hasidic Brooklyn life
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- This Jewish player won the World Series of Poker’s $8.15 million with a pair of 2’s
- Muslim worshippers stay away from Temple Mount despite removal of metal detectors, security cameras
OpinionThe US anti-BDS bill may be bad, but not as bad as some critics say
- Tchaikovsky’s Jewish problem
- Palestinian in Austria convicted of plotting murder of Jews
- White House hails Israel’s dismantling of Temple Mount metal detectors
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’