May 29, 2012 7:43pm
President Obama awarded the Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, Madeleine Albright and Bob Dylan, among other recipients.
May 24, 2012 1:59pm
Amnesty International blasted Israel for its blockade of the Gaza Strip in its annual report on the state of the world’s human rights.
May 24, 2012 1:53pm
Egyptians are voting in their first presidential election since the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak during an uprising more than a year ago.
May 24, 2012 10:47am
The U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee increased spending for the security of nonprofit institutions and emergency assistance for the poor.
May 23, 2012 10:26am
The U.S. Senate passed a new Iran sanctions bill that would strengthen the existing sanctions regime and close loopholes.
May 22, 2012 7:15pm
A claim by Iranian television that an alleged spy had an Israeli passport appears to be based on a crude forgery.
May 22, 2012 3:59pm
Alan Gross expressed his gratitude to the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Washington for its efforts to secure his release from a Cuban prison.
May 22, 2012 3:07pm
U.S. Rep. Brad Sherman introduced legislation to allow Israel into the U.S. Visa Waiver Program.
May 22, 2012 2:38pm
U.S. Reps. Nita Lowey and Eliot Engel introduced a resolution calling on the International Olympic Committee to honor the Munich 11 with a moment of silence at the London Games this summer.
May 22, 2012 9:42am
Federal authorities are investigating campaign contributions made by employees of an Ohio company to Republican U.S. Senate candidate Josh Mandel.
AnalysisJared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and the halacha police
- Orthodox rabbi’s anti-Trump prayer causes a stir
- Barbra Streisand, Drake and other Jewish celebs share their thoughts on Trump’s upcoming inauguration
- Donald Trump, taking office, pledges to put ‘America first’
- French far-right leader Marine Le Pen ahead in presidential poll
- All the Jewish stuff happening around the Women’s March
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- Jewish groups plan pro-, anti-Trump Shabbat activities in Washington
- Trump: If Jared Kushner can’t broker Middle East peace, nobody can
- Male circumcision helps prevent all HIV variants, researchers find
- Swedish Jews boycott Holocaust memorial co-organized by nationalist party