- Allan J. Jacobs was elected the new president of B’nai B’rith International on May 22. Jacobs, who was previously chairman of the executive, was replaced in that position by Gary P. Saltzman of Centennial, Colorado.
- Rabbi Joshua Elkin, the executive director of the Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education (PEJE), will leave the organization at the end of September. PEJE’s associate director, Amy Katz, will serve as acting director.
- Steve Goodwin was hired as the newly created senior-level position of vice president for marketing and communications at Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life.
- Rabbi Yonatan Yussman will become the next head of the Jewish High School of Connecticut. Previously, he was head of Jewish studies at the Adelson Educational Campus in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Evan Bernstein will be replacing Robert Katz as the executive director of American Friends of Migdal Ohr. Bernstein, 36, previously was with the The David Project Center for Jewish Leadership.
- Peter Stein, who has served as executive director of the San Francisco Jewish Film Festival for the past eight years, will be stepping down sometime after this summer’s festival. He will continue to serve as an adviser to the festival.
Comings & Goings