JTA, the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, is seeking a high-energy, self-directed, deadline-oriented individual to work as a full-time feature writer/blogger. The ideal candidate will write profiles and feature stories pertaining to trends in American Jewish life and report and blog with a Jewish perspective on arts, entertainment, sports and the hottest news topics of the day. The candidate must have journalistic experience; familiarity with Jewish sensibilities and interests; the versatility and creativity to come up with a compelling Jewish angle on a wide variety of topics. The successful candidate will have excellent research and writing abilities and a conversational, engaging style.
· Writing profiles and trend stories pertaining to Jewish life, Jewish identity and other Jewish topics that appeal to a general Jewish audience
· Blogging and writing articles that offer Jewish take on topics in the wider culture that everybody is talking about
· Contributing regularly to Jewish celebrity blog and general Jewish interest blog
· Working with multi-media and online staff to enhance JTA’s digital offerings
· Other duties as needed
· Excellent reporting, writing and blogging skills
· Familiarity with American Jewish interests and sensibilities
· Ability to work quickly and on deadline
· Familiarity with writing for the web
· Ability to come up with a Jewish take on a wide range of topics
· Maintain high ethics with blog presentation, content and daily work tasks
3+ years journalistic experience
Bachelor’s degree required
This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits and vacation, personal and sick days.
Please submit resume, samples of work and salary req’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO CALLS PLEASE.
[cross-posted to JournalismJobs.com]