April 8, 2013 7:59pm
Hungary banned an anti-Semitic demonstration planned for the same day as a Holocaust memorial march.
March 6, 2013 9:17pm
An American Jewish organizational leader met with Hungarian political leaders to express concern about growing anti-Semitism in the country.
December 3, 2012 9:47pm
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban condemned a Jobbik lawmaker’s call to create a list of Jewish politicians a day after thousands demonstrated in Budapest to protest the anti-Semitism of the far-right party.
November 27, 2012 12:04pm
A far-right Hungarian lawmaker suggested that members of the Hungarian Parliament who are Jewish or of Jewish origin be counted and registered.
October 24, 2012 10:54am
An Israeli flag was burned in front of a Budapest synagogue reportedly by members of Jobbik, an ultrarightist Hungarian political party.
April 24, 2012 3:44pm
Citing “unique” circumstances, the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office will not release the names of 85 Chasidic men charged with committing child sex abuse, the Jewish Daily Forward reported.
April 24, 2012 3:32pm
A group of Israeli lawmakers inaugurated the Herzl Center at Budapest’s Israeli Cultural Center.
July 19, 2011 2:50pm
Jewish officials are viewing the acquittal of accused war criminal Sandor Kepiro in Hungary as an outrage and a betrayal.
May 19, 2011 4:07pm
The war crimes trial of a former World War II gendarmerie officer continued in Hungary, after the accused was declared medically fit to stand trial.
January 14, 2009 6:12pm
Hundreds of pro-Israel demonstrators rallied in front of the Israeli Embassy in Budapest.
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- New bribery scandal centers on fraud case against Sara Netanyahu
- EPA administrator Scott Pruitt cancels Israel trip over criticism of first-class travel
- Sarah Silverman wades into Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and tiptoes back out
- Islamic Jihad terror cell planning to assassinate Avigdor Liberman arrested
- Danish petition appears likely to force vote on banning circumcision