May 7, 2018 2:38pm
(JTA) — In recent years we have witnessed anti-Israel demonstrations that have turned overtly anti-Semitic and even violent, but police ignored initially as only political activity. We have seen prosecutors and judges rule that an arson attack on a synagogue is not anti-Semitic because the perpetrator was motivated by anti-Israel sentiments. And we have been…
April 23, 2013 4:32pm
If we redouble our efforts to preserve and protect the Jewish heritage of Egypt, it will be a blessing for Carmen Weinstein, the late head of the country’s Jewish community who toiled in that effort, an American Jewish Committee official writes.
March 30, 2011 10:40pm
Lithuania’s Parliament has declared 2011 a Year of Commemoration to Victims of the Holocaust. At long last, this is the year for Lithuania to join the list of nations that have come to terms with their Holocaust-era past, writes Rabbi Andrew Baker of the American Jewish Committee.
January 24, 2011 10:04pm
An American Jewish Committee official writes of an international coalition undertaking the vital task of ensuring that long-ignored mass graves of Holocaust shooting victims in the former Soviet Union are preserved and protected, and the victims are remembered.
- Russia claims Israel provided it with ‘misleading’ information in downing of plane over Syria
- Taiwanese protesters angry at hair salon’s swastika logo urinate in front of store
- WeWork opens public office space in sukkah in Jerusalem
- Haredi Orthodox radio station fined for keeping women’s voices off the air
- Tens of thousands of haredim peacefully protest Shabbat train work in Tel Aviv