April 29, 2002 9:00am
Jean-Marie Le Pen has already been crowned the latest symbol of voter alienation in Europe, but France´s beleaguered Jewish community wants to ensure Le Pen never makes it to the country´s presidential palace.
April 22, 2002 9:00am
The strong showing of far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen in the first round of France´s presidential elections holds some bitter ironies for the nation´s Jews.
April 16, 2002 9:00am
With the first round of presidential elections set to begin Sunday, Jewish issues have been thrust into a prominent role on the French political stage.
April 1, 2002 10:00am
A fresh outburst of anti-Semitic violence throughout France has Jewish leaders fearing the return of Kristallnacht. The reference to the horrors of Nazi Germany, issued by French Jewish leader Jean Kahn, hit the French dailies Monday morning following a w
March 6, 2002 10:00am
Given the spate of anti-Jewish attacks linked to the Palestinian intifada, French Jewish leaders were surprisingly quiet about Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres´ comments on his recent visit to France.
February 7, 2002 10:00am
With presidential elections approaching — and with the addition of the far-right Jean-Marie Le Pen to the race — French Jewish leaders see an opportunity to air their grievances with a government they believe has waffled in its response to ant
January 21, 2002 10:00am
Jews in the Paris region have stepped up their drive against a wave of anti-Semitic aggression that many feel has reached epidemic proportions.
January 15, 2002 10:00am
Israeli officials are reacting to increased anti-Semitic violence in France with harsh words and financial incentives aimed at increasing immigration to the Jewish state.
December 26, 2001 10:00am
French Jews have won an important victory in their struggle against Holocaust deniers.
December 17, 2001 10:00am
After more than a year of rising anti-Semitism, France´s prime minister, Lionel Jospin, may be ready to address the issue.
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- This Jewish grandmother was sentenced to death in Iran. Holland won’t grant her asylum.
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- US agrees to Libyan request that activists say prevents Jewish artifacts from leaving the country
- New West Bank settlement brings in temporary housing for outpost evacuees
- Palestinian stone-thrower bitten by Israeli army dog sues Dutch breeder
- US congressmen questioned by Israeli police after removing olive branch from Temple Mount
- Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens indicted in fallout from 2015 affair