March 20, 2007 9:00am
The chairman of Touro College’s board is giving the school $10 million.
December 21, 2006 10:00am
Hundreds of Jews were imprisoned and expelled from Egypt after the Suez War. Fifty years later they look back with a mixture of regret and longing.
December 21, 2006 10:00am
The fewer than 100 Jews who remain in Egypt today are well integrated into society and consider themselves fully Egyptian — but there clearly are tensions that go along with being Jewish in an Arab country that has fought four major wars with Israel.
October 23, 2006 9:00am
More than 30 representatives from 10 countries convened in Jerusalem to educate the public about the heritage and rights of Jewish refugees from Arab countries, register their stories and document their personal and communal losses.
September 25, 2006 9:00am
Once a vibrant center of Jewish life, Egypt’s Jewish community now numbers fewer than 100. Those who remain have vivid memories of the Jewish past, but they say there is no future for the Jewish community.
August 21, 2006 9:00am
Israel’s war with Hezbollah took a significant economic toll on individuals and small businesses in the North, but the impact on the national economy has not been too bad.
August 9, 2006 9:00am
While Israel is gearing up for a wider military offensive against Hezbollah in Lebanon, another battle is coming to a head between gay-pride activists and their opponents in Jerusalem.
July 30, 2006 9:00am
Israeli opposition to the Hezbollah conflict is minimal and slow-moving — though vocal where it does exist.
July 24, 2006 9:00am
An international gay pride parade scheduled to take place next month in Jerusalem has been delayed because of recent fighting along Israel’s northern and southern borders.
July 11, 2006 9:00am
Rare is the event that can rally devout Jews, Muslims and Christians in Israel toward a common goal. Jerusalem WorldPride 2006 is such an event — as an interfaith coalition emerges in opposition to the gay pride march.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- Alex Lubotzky once served in the Knesset. Now he’s an Israel Prize winner for math and computer science.
- Survivors, grieving parents of slain Florida students confront lawmakers and NRA rep at town hall meeting
- Jewish war veterans want the young warriors to tell their stories
- Polish Holocaust law will not lead to criminal charges, government minister says
- Canadian JCC gets anti-Semitic hate mail