January 26, 2010 8:30pm
If there’s any upshot to the misunderstanding that grounded a small aircraft last week in Philadelphia — and scared the wits out of two Jewish teenagers — it’s that the general public might now know a bit more about tefillin.
December 3, 2009 5:19pm
As the congregational arm of the Conservative movement continues its structural overhaul — brought on in part by a decline in membership and a $1.3 million budget deficit – some 500 people are expected in Cherry Hill, N.J., next week for the group’s biennial convention.
March 27, 2008 9:00am
U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) said that American efforts to bring Israelis and Palestinians to the negotiating table have often resulted in a reduction in violence, even if a lasting peace has proved elusive.
November 9, 2006 10:00am
The obstacles facing Republicans nationwide as well as Sen. Rick Santorum’s own combative style, proved too much to overcome as Pennsylvania voters handed Democrat Bob Casey a victory by an early-round knockout.
January 20, 2005 10:00am
Constitutional law expert Noah Feldman talks about how it felt to be a Jew and an American in Iraq as he helped that war-torn country set up an interim constitution.
November 2, 2003 10:00am
A congregant from Philadelphia´s Temple Sinai was sentenced to five years in prison for embezzling more than $1 million from the house of worship, shocking fellow members.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- NRA chief singles out Soros, Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- Poland’s prime minister said some Jews collaborated with Nazis. Scholars say he distorted history.
- Conservatives cheer Mike Pence when he mentions Trump’s Jerusalem move
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties