is a former national editor of the Australian Jewish News. He currently writes for Haaretz as well as The Jewish Chronicle in Britain. He is also a TV producer and writer for an independent TV production company.
September 1, 2015 5:25pm
Rabbi Tzvi Telsner in an open letter apologized for his conduct toward the child victims and their families.
March 13, 2015 8:23am
Following calls for resignations after three convictions, the Australian city’s Yeshivah Centre confirms resignation of former chairman and three others.
February 22, 2015 6:03am
Rabbi Yosef Feldman had told a commission looking into the abuse from the 1980s and ’90s that pedophiles who had not committed sex crimes for two decades should be treated with leniency.
February 16, 2015 6:21am
The Royal Commission spent two weeks probing how rabbis and senior officials responded to the child sex abuse scandal at Chabad institutions in Melbourne and Sydney.
February 12, 2015 6:43am
Rabbi Yossi Feldman was slammed for saying he did not believe it appropriate for victims to go to the police if offenses took place decades prior.
February 3, 2015 7:06am
The government-sponsored inquiry into institutional responses to child sexual abuse is focusing on the Yeshivah Center in Melbourne and Sydney for two weeks.
December 19, 2014 7:14am
Annual installation was postponed due to attack and came hours after Chabad cancelled its Hanukkah event.
December 18, 2014 6:27am
The public ceremony at Sydney’s Martin Place was canceled for the first time in nearly 30 years due to the deadly attack at a city cafe.
December 17, 2014 7:59am
Some of Australia’s most senior Orthodox rabbis have already been subpoenaed to supply documents ahead of the hearing starting Feb. 2 in Melbourne.
December 15, 2014 7:08am
The security agency for Australian Jewry raised the threat level in the Jewish community after an apparent Islamist gunman entered a cafe in downtown Sydney and took more than a dozen hostages.
- Father of Polish prime minister says Jews gladly moved to ghettos to get away from non-Jews
- A tour guide uncovers Passover secrets in the Met Museum’s Egyptian wing
- Washington councilman accuses ‘the Rothschilds’ of controlling the weather
Editor's Column‘Nobody is talking about anti-Semitism.’ You’re kidding, right?
WatchCynthia Nixon gave a Shabbat sermon in 2011 — and praised Andrew Cuomo
- Mayim Bialik meets Israeli president in Jerusalem
- Anti-BDS activist to be tried for ‘intimidation’ in Spain
- 5 Haggadahs and other Passover supplements to modernize your seder this year
- A Palestinian-born legislator dreams of rebuilding a synagogue in Berlin
- Oslo arts festival rejects Israeli choreographers, saying Israel uses culture to ‘whitewash’ occupation
- ‘Three Billboards’ film inspires activist to shame British Labour Party for anti-Semitism