is a former national editor of the Australian Jewish News. He currently writes for Haaretz as well as The Jewish Chronicle in Britain. He is also a TV producer and writer for an independent TV production company.
August 21, 2014 11:18am
Students at a Jewish school in Melbourne were evacuated Thursday amid a bomb scare.
August 20, 2014 6:21am
A pro-Palestinian protest at the opening night of the Israeli Film Festival in Sydney will not go ahead, a judge ruled.
August 17, 2014 8:50am
Police in Sydney launched a legal bid to stop a pro-Palestinian protest at the opening of the Israeli Film Festival.
August 15, 2014 6:41am
Police in Melbourne arrested seven pro-Palestinian protestors who stormed the roof of an Israeli-based company, accusing it of “supporting genocide.”
August 15, 2014 6:36am
Campaign billboards in New Zealand were defaced with anti-Semitic slurs about Prime Minister John Key, the son of a Jewish refugee from Europe.
August 12, 2014 9:27am
A New Zealand lawmaker apologized for describing Prime Minister John Key as “Shylock” on Facebook.
August 7, 2014 6:48am
Five teenagers were arrested for allegedly hurling anti-Semitic epithets at and physically threatening Jewish school students on a bus in Sydney.
August 6, 2014 8:04am
Sydney Morning Herald columnist Mike Carlton resigned after he was exposed sending expletive-laden emails and tweets to critics of a piece he wrote on the Israel-Gaza war.
August 6, 2014 7:02am
Jewish community leaders welcomed the Australian government’s decision to scrap plans to repeal parts of the nation’s race-hate laws.
August 5, 2014 6:10am
A Jerusalem rabbi visiting Australia was threatened and verbally abused by a gang of teenagers at a Perth shopping mall.
- Genesis Prize cancels ceremony after 2018 winner Natalie Portman said she won’t visit Israel
OpinionPlease, Natalie Portman, don’t abandon Israel. Engage with its peacemakers.
- Natalie Portman has ‘fallen into hands of BDS supporters,’ says Israeli culture minister
- How a Jewish civil rights group became a villain on the far left
- Barnard College students vote to ask administration to divest from Israel
- Suspect in Berlin assault on non-Jewish kippah wearer turns himself in
- Romania has no plans to move its embassy to Jerusalem, president says
- Syracuse fraternity suspended over hate-filled oath including anti-Semitism
WatchThe Warsaw Ghetto uprising inspired other revolts against the Nazis
- Artists return German music award over rappers’ Holocaust lyrics
- The anti-Semitism controversy surrounding NFL prospect Josh Rosen, explained