November 4, 2011 3:34pm
Occupy Wall Street supported the latest (failed) attempt by activists to break Israel’s naval blockade — until it didn’t. Last night, the Twitter feed of Occupywallst.org tweeted: “@OccupyWallSt: We support and would like to express #solidarity to #FreedomWaves #Palestine.” But within an hour it had been deleted, leaving behind only orphaned re-tweets from the excited…
November 4, 2011 2:28pm
Gilad Shalit underwent surgery to repair wounds from when he was taken hostage in 2006.
November 3, 2011 7:31pm
Anti-Semitism in the United States has increased slightly since 2009, according to an Anti-Defamation League survey.
November 2, 2011 8:18pm
A Washington State food co-op that is boycotting Israeli products has asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by pro-Israel activist members.
November 1, 2011 5:08pm
A group of liberal Jewish activists, former politicians and union leaders have released a statement denouncing opponents of Occupy Wall Street for criticizing the movement as anti-Semitic.
November 1, 2011 1:55pm
After years of criticism for failing to promote female-friendly policies, the Jewish Federations of North America is working to improve its record on women’s issues and earning praise from some critics. But there’s still a ways to go, some critics say.
October 27, 2011 8:51pm
A Brooklyn bus company accused of forcing women to sit in the back of a public bus has promised to take action to prevent losing its contract with New York City.
October 27, 2011 4:09pm
Ruth Madoff said in an interview that she and her husband, Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, attempted to commit suicide in 2008.
October 27, 2011 3:14pm
A Kent State University professor shouted “Death to Israel” at a lecture given by a former Israeli diplomat.
October 26, 2011 3:07pm
The largest umbrella organization of Jewish policy agencies endorsed a statement urging selective use of civil rights legislation to combat anti-Jewish and anti-Israel activity on college campuses.
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- New bribery scandal centers on fraud case against Sara Netanyahu
- EPA administrator Scott Pruitt cancels Israel trip over criticism of first-class travel
- Sarah Silverman wades into Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and tiptoes back out
- Islamic Jihad terror cell planning to assassinate Avigdor Liberman arrested
- Danish petition appears likely to force vote on banning circumcision