March 30, 2018 2:13pm
UNITED NATIONS (JTA) — As Jews everywhere celebrate Passover, I find it fitting to share a timely lesson for Israel in navigating the often uncharted waters of the United Nations. It is an insight I shared at this year’s U.N. model seder, where dozens of ambassadors joined with Israel to rejoice in the liberation of…
January 27, 2017 9:51am
(JTA) — The world comes together every Jan. 27 to remember the most devastating tragedy in history: the Shoah. We remember the victims of the Nazi regime. The loved ones lost and the shameful treatment of human life and human dignity. We also make sure to remember our history, as painful as it may be,…
May 10, 2016 9:37am
NEW YORK (JTA) — This year I will mark two of Israel’s most important national holidays – Yom Haatzmaut (Independence Day) and Yom Hazikaron (Memorial Day) – far away from home. These are special days in Israel and for the Jewish people throughout the world, when people of all political and religious persuasions set their…
December 6, 2015 11:29am
It is time for the international community to enact fair and practical solutions for the world’s refugees, Israel’s U.N. ambassador writes.
October 15, 2014 2:10pm
There is clear legal and diplomatic recourse for unilateral Palestinian action on statehood, Knesset member Danny Danon writes.
March 25, 2014 1:21pm
Israel’s deputy defense minister, Danny Danon, vows to resign if an additional round of Palestinian prisoners are released.
December 13, 2011 5:47pm
Like any successful campaign, the ads by Israel’s government to lure back expatriates were intended to get people talking. However, they certainly were not meant to offend American Jews, writes the chairman of the Knesset’s Committee for Immigration, Absorption and Diaspora Affairs.
September 21, 2010 7:45pm
By freezing Jewish settlement construction in the West Bank without freezing Palestinian construction, Israel’s 10-month freeze sent the message that Israeli historic and legal claims to these lands are less legitimate than those of the Palestinians, the deputy Knesset speaker argues.
March 8, 2010 9:19pm
Rioting by Palestinians over Israel’s inclusion of two West Bank shrines on a new list of national heritage sites has nothing to do with religion, and their blatant and egregious revision of history must end, writes the deputy speaker of the Knesset.
November 9, 2009 1:11am
President Obama must go back to Israel to see just how much has changed — since he was there 12 months ago as Candidate Obama — to better formulate America’s vital positions concerning Israel and its neighbors, writes the head of World Likud, Knesset lawmaker Danny Danon.
OpinionJewish students: A blacklist of BDS supporters is hurting our efforts to defend Israel on campus
- What it’s like to support Israel at NYU
- ‘Disobedience’ aims to accurately portray lesbian love — and the Orthodox Jewish community
- Hundreds of French intellectuals and stars sign manifesto against ‘the new anti-Semitism’ in France
- Jewish man attacked in Crown Heights while walking home from Shabbat services
- DC politician under fire for anti-Semitic statements also gave $500 to Nation of Islam
- Scottish man gets $1,100 fine for teaching dog to do Nazi salute
- Boston-area city council turns away BDS resolution
- On tiny Mallorca, Limmud learning festival aims to spark a Jewish revival
- Trump reportedly asked Netanyahu if he genuinely wants peace
- Rome’s Jewish community to boycott official Liberation Day ceremonies