March 6, 2018 12:10pm
(JTA) — In the aftermath of the fatal mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, the Jewish community should take note: Teenagers are not just the future of the Jewish people; they are the dynamic force driving social change today. Today we are witnessing history unfold as the American teenage populace is mobilizing. This moment will be…
May 5, 2016 4:33pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — Welcoming teens into Jewish life is both one of the most important and seemingly challenging endeavors of the Jewish community. The rapid decline in teen engagement in Jewish life post-b’nai mitzvah is well-documented and depressing. It’s also an entirely reversible trend, but only if the Jewish community approaches teen engagement in…
July 13, 2015 2:57pm
For new initiatives to succeed at beating back the movement to boycott Israel, they must target not only college students but Jewish teenagers, write David Bryfman and Steven M. Cohen.
July 31, 2006 9:00am
Summer youth programs to Israel managed to go on this year despite the conflict, but even that was a disappointment to those who knew what was supposed to be.
- EU summit on Yom Kippur raises questions for Jewish leaders
- People are talking about whether Trump used the N-word. A Breitbart writer wants to talk about hip-hop.
- Jerusalem hostel blacklists Jon Stewart and other alleged ‘haters of Israel’
- Ilhan Omar, who once called Israel an ‘apartheid regime,’ wins congressional primary in Minnesota
- Journalist Peter Beinart detained and questioned at Israeli airport