is a JTA Paris correspondent. She has written and worked for the Los Angeles Times and the Associated Press Paris bureaus, and is a regular contributor to The New Waver Quarterly, which covers French culture. Lauter is currently completing a master's thesis at Saint Denis University on the relationship between Jewish and Muslim youth in Parisian low-income suburbs, as well as a collection of true stories on a Jewish and Muslim mixed gang.
June 13, 2010 6:24pm
Richard Prasquier was re-elected president of the French Jewish umbrella organization CRIF.
June 10, 2010 7:15pm
A French group of movie theaters temporarily canceled screenings of an Israeli film in response to Israel’s raid of a Gaza-bound flotilla.
June 9, 2010 6:14pm
Several anti-Semitic acts have been reported in France since Israel’s interception of a Gaza-bound flotilla.
June 6, 2010 7:49pm
Two French activists aboard the Gaza-bound flotilla intercepted by Israel’s Navy have filed legal complaints against Israel.
May 5, 2010 11:25pm
A man suspected of playing a major role in the attack on an elderly Jewish man in southern France is being held for questioning by police.
April 22, 2010 8:22pm
Signs marking the newly inaugurated Ben Gurion esplanade in Paris have disappeared.
April 14, 2010 5:32pm
Israeli President Shimon Peres criticized Syria and Iran during a visit to Paris.
March 10, 2010 7:17pm
A group of anti-Israel protesters interrupted the opening of Paris’ 10th annual Israeli film festival.
February 22, 2010 9:54pm
France’s foreign minister distanced himself from earlier comments calling for international recognition of a Palestinian state before final peace negotiations.
February 4, 2010 6:49pm
The number of anti-Semitic incidents in France in 2009 nearly doubled over the previous year, according to a new report.
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel’s Air Force bombs Gaza terror tunnel in response to rocket fire
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties
- French-Jewish group that accused Israel of causing anti-Semitism loses state funding
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- National Library of Israel brings rare, ancient manuscripts to New York University