November 1, 2010 9:02pm
With an unusually high breast cancer rate of approximately one in seven women, Israel has become a global model for treatment and research into breast cancer.
October 26, 2010 12:33am
Cloistered away in a snug meeting room with stone-faced walls and arched doorways across from Jerusalem’s Old City, some of the most important Jewish communal leaders in the world came together recently to wrestle with a question: Is there a role for the Diaspora in Israel’s decision making on peace?
October 14, 2010 12:25am
A reunion at Kibbutz Galon brought together more than 100 members of the Hashomer Hatzair youth movement who left their American homes six decades ago to make a life in the kibbutzim of the new Jewish state. Sixty years on, about half of them came to the reunion from the United States.
September 22, 2010 4:06pm
The new head of the settlers’ umbrella organization in the West Bank is a high-tech entrepreneur and former Netanyahu confidante who doesn’t live in the West Bank.
September 21, 2010 5:09pm
Settler leaders are taking Israeli opinion makers on West Bank tours they hope will provide Israelis with a more sympathetic view of the 320,000 Jews who live in the West Bank.
September 12, 2010 6:43pm
At 45, Gadi Taub is not your typical Israeli public intellectual. The former TV host for children’s programming, best-selling novelist and essayist criticizes both the left and right in arguing for a revival of classical Zionism.
September 2, 2010 9:59pm
An organization in Israel helps women hire private detectives to compel recalcitrant husbands to grant religious writs of divorce, or gets.
August 5, 2010 12:37am
A new $100 million renovation renews the Israel Museum, the country’s largest cultural institution.
July 14, 2010 9:53pm
Innovations in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology has become big business in Israel.
June 29, 2010 12:40am
More than a year after a massive natural gas find off the Israeli coast sparked hopes in Israel of a new era of energy independence, Israel is weighing how to deliver the gas safely.
- Florida school shooting’s Jewish victims remembered for their kindness
- The Jewish sheriff leading the response to the Florida school shooting quotes the Talmud
WatchMom of Jewish girl killed in Florida shooting begs Trump: ‘Please do something’
- Florida synagogue holds healing service after mass school shooting; Jews among 17 dead
- Mike Huckabee says US should follow Israel’s lead to prevent mass shootings. Twitter takes issue.
- Aly Raisman’s nude photo shoot sends empowering message about surviving abuse
- Comedian Jena Friedman: We should treat neo-Nazis the way we treat women
- Netanyahu to meet with Trump in March
- Britain’s Labour Party backs separate labeling for kosher and halal meat
- Rabbi urges friends of Florida shooting victim to ‘honor her legacy’
- White supremacist group: Florida school shooter is associated with us