June 11, 2018 2:51pm
(JTA) — In an essay for JTA on Michael Chabon’s intermarriage views, Sylvia Barack Fishman, Steven M. Cohen and Jack Wertheimer describe a “left camp” that argues for greater acceptance, welcoming and inclusion of the intermarried and their family members, and a “Jewish right” that argues for holding on to distinctions between the inmarried and…
October 26, 2009 12:21am
The CEO of InterfaithFamily.com writes that helping Israelis to learn not to think and talk about intermarriage as the equivalent of assimilation will contribute to increased Jewish identity and connection among intermarried families — something that is of vital interest to the Jewish communities of both North America and Israel.
September 1, 2004 9:00am
Edmund C. Case, the head of InterfaithFamily.com, shares his personal experience in making the High Holiday observances an experience that an interfaith home can benefit from and fully enjoy.
- How a Hanukkah song made its way into the Hebrew translation of Harry Potter
- When Dutch Jews found haven in an anti-Semitic Hungary
- AIPAC reemphasizes support for two states as Trump administration prepares peace proposal
- Israeli activist compares country’s policies to apartheid in speech to UN Security Council
- British Jews apply for German citizenship in dramatic numbers