January 15, 2003 10:00am
Anti-Semitic, pro-Palestinian comments from the European Central Bank president’s wife are nothing new — but some say Gretta Duisenberg went too far this time.
December 9, 2002 10:00am
Dutch politicians are debating whether to block an Islamic group, the Arab European League, from establishing branches in Holland.
August 28, 2002 9:00am
In an apparent swipe at Israeli settlement policy, Holland may cut pensions for Dutch seniors who have moved to Israel but live beyond the state’s pre-1967 borders.
June 24, 2002 9:00am
Palestinian flag sales are booming in the Netherlands as pro-Palestinian groups prepare for a “National Palestinian Flag Day,” the latest development in a flag war that began on a quiet Amsterdam street.
November 6, 2001 10:00am
AMSTERDAM, Nov. 6 (JTA) Dutch Jewish leaders are working to devise programs and responses to counter a sobering demographic survey of the Jewish community, the first one conducted in 35 years. On a recent Friday morning, Amsterdam’s Jewish Cultural Center was deserted but for four Jewish movers and shakers discussing ways to follow up…
October 30, 2001 10:00am
AMSTERDAM, Oct. 30 (JTA) The first demographic survey of Dutch Jewry in 35 years has yielded some sobering results. According to the survey, more than two-thirds of Dutch Jews are unmarried at 30, more than twice the rate among the general population. In some age brackets, the rate of divorce among Jews is double…
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’
- Polish senator suspended for klezmer-themed video of Nazi violence to Jews
- Can Jewish charities do good and make money? Impact investors say yes.
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- Israel appoints first female haredi Orthodox judge