June 22, 2015 11:39am
The black marble monument commemorating the 1,484 Jews from the northern port city of Kavala who were murdered by the Nazis was discovered to be covered in blue paint.
June 10, 2015 6:49am
The memorial, which sits next to a playground erected in the children’s memory in central Athens, had been defaced earlier this month with a swastika and Nazi SS signs.
June 8, 2015 10:20am
The black marble monument in the port city of Kavala was dedicated weeks after the original event was called off by city authorities, who wanted the Star of David removed.
April 20, 2015 6:54am
The trial at a high-security prison outside Athens, where the party leaders are being held, was adjourned for three weeks amid reports of the attacks.
January 27, 2015 3:23pm
Panos Kammenos of the ultranationalist Independent Greeks joins the new coalition of the far-left Syriza party.
January 26, 2015 5:18am
Golden Dawn maintained its third-place position despite a crackdown on its activities.
January 13, 2015 8:08am
Last month, a right-wing politician said in an interview that Jews don’t pay taxes.
January 7, 2015 6:07am
The storm uprooted trees in the Ioannina Jewish cemetery, crushing about 20 gravestones and destroying the flagstone path leading into the burial ground.
December 25, 2014 6:47am
A swastika was sprayed on the gates of the cemetery, while the word “Juden,” the Nazi SS symbol, and the epithet “six million more” were scrawled on the cemetery walls in the city of Larissa,
December 16, 2014 6:35am
The Central Board of Jewish Communities in Greece called on Panos Kammenos, leader of the small Independent Greeks Party, to apologize for his TV comment.
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- This Jewish grandmother was sentenced to death in Iran. Holland won’t grant her asylum.
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- In Democratic race for Illinois governor, the two top candidates are Jewish. The similarity ends there.
- Conservatives cheer Mike Pence when he mentions Trump’s Jerusalem move
- Polish senator suspended for klezmer-themed video of Nazi violence to Jews
- Can Jewish charities do good and make money? Impact investors say yes.