January 12, 2010 1:05am
As the Martin Luther King Day of Service nears, the director of the PANIM Institute for Jewish Leadership and Values writes that Jewish service experiences can profoundly deepen one’s identity if the proper intention, or “kavannah,” is brought to the work.
- This Jewish grandmother was sentenced to death in Iran. Holland won’t grant her asylum.
- 500 Icelandic physicians back bill to outlaw circumcision
- A soaring number of Sephardic Jews acquired Portuguese citizenship in 2017
- In Democratic race for Illinois governor, the two top candidates are Jewish. The similarity ends there.
- Palestinian stone-thrower bitten by Israeli army dog sues Dutch breeder
- Palestinian ex-terrorist deported from US invited to speak in Amsterdam
- Sheldon Adelson reportedly offering to fund US Embassy move to Jerusalem
- Church of Holy Sepulchre closes doors indefinitely to protest Israeli financial policies
- Bernie Sanders’ son considering run for Congress in New Hampshire
- Why these supporters of a new US Embassy in Jerusalem think Sheldon Adelson shouldn’t pay for it
- Trump cites suffering of Jewish family in remembering Florida school shooting