November 1, 2017 4:41pm
(JTA) — In recent weeks we have seen Israelis with disabilities closing down highways and raising their voices and public profiles in unprecedented ways to demand better services, better treatment, and a role in Israel’s destiny and economic successes. In many ways they are fighting for personal freedom, to feel a part of a community and at…
February 29, 2016 3:42pm
(JTA) — In her victory speech after the Nevada primaries, Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton said it’s time to invest in marginalized communities by “ensuring that people with disabilities have the same opportunities to work and fully participate in our society.” That may seem like the standard campaign rhetoric of a serious presidential candidate, but what…
February 2, 2016 3:31pm
Any Israeli who says there’s no place for non-Orthodox Jews in Israel can no longer claim to be speaking for more than a sliver of Israelis, a new poll shows.
August 27, 2015 3:50pm
If there ever was a time for leaders to step up to the plate and help their synagogues become more welcoming, it’s during the Days of Awe, writes Jay Ruderman.
March 5, 2015 3:12pm
It’s time for mega-donors to embrace an ethic of accountability by inviting the Jewish community into the decision-making process, the president of the Ruderman Family Foundation writes.
March 3, 2014 6:15pm
For Americans, national identity goes hand in hand with citizenship, whereas Israelis have a different understanding, write Yedidia Z. Stern and Jay Ruderman.
October 28, 2010 12:45am
The Jewish community must tackle Jewish continuity head-on by ensuring that Jews with special needs have a place to live, learn and work within our communities, writes the president of The Ruderman Family Foundation.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- NRA chief singles out Soros, Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- Poland’s prime minister said some Jews collaborated with Nazis. Scholars say he distorted history.
- Conservatives cheer Mike Pence when he mentions Trump’s Jerusalem move
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties